Saturday, September 1, 2007

Summer in Europe

At first when I started this blog I thought it would be complete description of my internship...day to day events... vivid description of every moment I spent in Europe. But then same old laziness came in way. Now I am back to India, here in my IITG dorm, nothing changed except my room number from 151 to 104.

Going back from where I left in previous blog i.e. back to Austria, first day... while leaving us to our dorm my guide told us that our prof wants us to be present on 8:30 AM sharp next day..... I do not wanted to create an impression that Indians are late. So we woke up early 7:30 !! we tried our best to be on time...with all efforts we left the hostel at 8:15 AM. Though the University was not too far but it was first day and do not knew the route. But after some search and asking people we finally able to reach the university.

Outside the doors of department of knowledge and information management system, we found people gathered smoking in the designated area. Most of them females. Strange !!, something unusual in India. Then we visited our professor , he was a tall and bit old person with long beards. He carried an aura of intelligence and vast experience he had. Later i had a small meeting with my mentor and then with the whole department.

The first day was more kind of getting familiar with the place.

Workspace

We were four people working in the room each one provided with an IBM pc. Two of them were Austrians, one among them girl and other two were we. From the day one we could able to feel the amount of professionalism the Austrians had. They followed their routine stringently. They were very punctual and so were the other Europeans. I was literally impressed.

No comments: